Earthquake Relief Funds total $111860.
TT and Healthabitat worked with the villagers in our project villages during May, and are working on the following, according to the project visit report:
Immediate action – achieved by June, thanks to the village teams and donated funds
- Shelter to get families through the wet season – June, July, August monsoon rains.
- Restore sanitation – local water collection, storage and supply, and the safe disposal of human waste.
- Building places for families to store, prepare and cook food.
- Supplying personal health items – bucket, jug, towels, soap, toothbrush and paste, food preparation items, mosquito nets and bed sheets.
Action for the long term – after the monsoon time
- Demolition of damaged houses, clearing of sites, re-using materials and preparing for rebuilding after the wet season.
- Providing families with technical and financial support to build earthquake resistant homes.
More information regarding the earthquake and activities in the News.
We continue to raise funds through the Nepal Rotary Village Development Project to help the villagers in their recovery. Funds can be donated online and Australian donors will receive a tax receipt.
Please check the tax receipt for the Project ID 66/2007-08. Contact TT on firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries